South West Community Transport receives funding under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), a consolidated programme which provides support to older people who need assistance to keep living independently in their home and in their community.
SWCT also provides transport to eligible NDIS clients and people who are transport disadvantaged.
SWCT is a not for profit organisation which is registered as a Public Benevolent Institution, Charity and is an Incorporated Association under the Fair Trading Act.
Leading the Way in Accessible Transport
To be a comprehensive transport service providing:
- Accessible, safe and secure transport which is responsive to community needs
- Advocacy, education, research, innovation; and
- Independence and quality of life for our clients
Our values provide the Board, Management, Staff and Volunteers with a touchstone against which individual, team and organisational behaviours can be aligned and measured.
- Excellence – being the best at what we do for those we serve and pursuing excellence in the provision of all our services and our dealings with others.
- Innovation – maintaining a thirst for learning and remaining always open to better ways.
- Flexibility – being always open to alternative ways for our team to work and deliver services
- Leadership – being accountable for outcomes and leading the way in our field
- Partnership – Valuing mutual cooperation in the achievement of our mission
- Respect – acknowledging always the inherent value, dignity, rights and wishes of others in all our dealings
- Safety – ensuring safety in our workplace and work practices, supporting staff and client wellbeing.